The following rules and regulations are for the protection and benefit of all members. These rules have been established to ensure safe and sanitary operation of the pool facilities and orderly processing of business procedures. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and obey instructions of the Pool Manager and staff. Any failure to comply with these rules shall be considered sufficient cause for immediate suspension of pool privileges for the offending member for a period from 1 to 7 days and can also be considered sufficient cause for cancellation of a membership.
The Pool Manager and staff operate the club facilities on behalf of all members. They are to be respected at all times while discharging their duties. Adults and children alike must follow directions given by any of the above listed employees. Abusive behavior towards any staff employee will not be tolerated and is subject to Board of Governors review and action as necessary.
Complaints of any nature should be registered with the Pool Manager or an individual Board Member. Complaints thus registered will be forwarded to the Board of Governors for appropriate action and response. Complaints may also be submitted in writing directly to the Board of Governors.
1. CLUB HOURS:
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pool Hours: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (weather permitting). Club and Pool hours are adjusted while Rochester schools are in session and are posted on the website and at the front door. Monday – Friday, a portion of the pool may be reserved for swim lessons, and the pool is closed early on days of home swim meets and some social events. Club facilities may be reserved for particular times and/or activities by action of the Board. Please see the website [http://hhscswim.org] for the club calendar and current operating hours.
2. HEALTH and SAFETY:
All members shall observe the following:
- All bathers must shower before entering the pool. No street shoes are allowed on the pool deck.
- No glass containers of any kind allowed on club property. Food or refreshments may be consumed only in the prescribed areas.
- Alcohol is permitted on Club property, during specified Board-sponsored events and on Friday and Saturday evenings throughout the season from 6:00 p.m. to close.
- Anyone consuming alcohol at the Club must maintain the ability to comply with all other pool rules and regulations, in addition to State law.
- At no time will HHSC store a member’s alcoholic beverage(s).
- Alcohol can be consumed in the pavilion area only. Glass bottles are not permitted.
- Anyone consuming alcohol on the premises is responsible for having a safe means of leaving, such as a designated driver.
- If you do not comply with these rules, the Club will suspend your membership in accordance with the rules stated in paragraph one of this page.
- We do not, under any circumstances, accept responsibility for any harm that results to yourself, anyone else, or any property due to the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing or causing undue disturbance in or around the pool area.
- NO SMOKING allowed on Swim Club property.
- No pets allowed on Swim Club property.
- No skateboards, scooters or shoes with wheels allowed on property.
- Admission shall be refused to anyone with skin abrasions, colds, cough, infections, and inflamed eyes, wearing bandages or band -aids. Expectorating and blowing nose in the pool is prohibited.
- Use of kiddie pool shall be limited to children under 6 years of age, supervised by a responsible adult. Children who are not toilet trained must wear a cloth diaper with snug fitting plastic pant over the diaper or a swim diaper while in either pool. Swim diapers are available at the front desk for a nominal fee.
- Main pool age restrictions:
- Diving facilities will be used only under the supervision of a lifeguard.
- Children under the age of 8 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Children 8-12 years old, who pass a swimming test administered by the staff, may be at the club and swim in the pool unaccompanied for no more than 4 hours at a time prior to 6:00 p.m.
- After 6:00 p.m., all children under 13 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older.
- Children over age 4 are restricted from the opposite-sex locker room.
- To ensure safety, flotation devices (including child swimsuits with built-in flotation) are not allowed in the main pool unless there is a medical need. Based on the Michigan Public Health Code, Act 368, a coast guard approved life jacket can be used if the member is in possession of a signed statement from a licensed physician stating that the individual has a physical disability or condition that necessitates the use of a life jacket. By using the life jacket, the member assumes any risk of injury. Please see the club manager to provide the note from the physician.
- In consideration of all members, water toys or other objects are restricted to small items such as soft water balls and diving sticks, as long as they do not impact the comfort and safety of other members and guests. Club equipment, which may be checked out at the desk, is for use in the lap-swimming lane only.
- Sweats or cut-off jeans are not allowed in either pool.
3. All persons, including children, using the Club do so at their own risk.
The Club will not be responsible for any accident or injury in connection with such use. The Club will not be responsible for loss or damage to personal property.
4. The cost of any PROPERTY DAMAGE will be charged to the responsible active member.
5. Use of TENNIS COURTS are subject to rules which are posted at the entrance to same.
6. RADIOS should be kept to a reasonable volume or be used with head phones so as not to disturb others.
There are several options for sharing the club with your guests. In every case, while on Club property, the guest must be accompanied by the member (or member’s child) sponsoring the guest(s).
- Daily Guests
- Each member family shall be allowed guest privileges.
- Guest privileges are for the calendar day.
- The member sponsoring the guest will be charged $5.00 per person.
- Member must accompany the guest(s) while on Club property.
- For out-of-town visitors, weekly (7 consecutive days) houseguest privileges are available for either an individual or a family (husband, wife and children).
- A request for houseguest privileges must be made in writing to the Board of Governors stating the houseguests’ regular residence, length of visit, number in the family and ages of the children. Submit your request online at the “Forms” page.
- Like Daily Guests, a member must accompany the guest(s) while on Club property.
- Seasonal babysitter privileges are available.
- A babysitter is a nonmember who is caring for a member family’s children and will be accompanying them to the pool.
- A request for babysitter privileges must be made in writing to the Board of Governors. Submit your request online at the “Forms” page.
- Permanent guest privileges are available for grandchildren.
- The cost is $75 per family for the season.
- Grandchildren must be accompanied by the member grandparents.
- A request for grandchild guest privileges must be made in writing to the Board of Governors. Submit your request online at the “Forms” page.
- Members wishing to host parties or groups which will have 10 or more non-member attendees must notify staff members at the front desk at least 10 days in advance of the event date.
- In consideration of all members, member parties will be limited to no more than 50 non-member guests and 4 picnic tables at one time, and accommodated on a first-come first-served basis, subject to the approval of the club manager. (For example, only a single party of 50, or 2 parties of 25, may be held at the same time). 2021 – temporary reduction in party size to 25 non-member guests and 2 tables.
8. CODE OF CONDUCT:
All members will act responsibly and observe a code of conduct that includes, but is not limited to:
- NO swearing or profane language.
- NO swimming when pool is closed for any reason. This includes adult or special functions, maintenance or cleaning.
- NO engagement in any activity which is in violation of Local, State or Federal Law.
9. These rules may be revised or added to at any time by the Board of Governors.
Any changes to rules during the year will be posted in the receptionist area.