Swim Lessons coordinator is Andrea Merritt – firstname.lastname@example.org. Our coaches will be teaching the classes this year. You can read about therm here – Coaches’ Corner. You must be a member to participate in swim lessons.
We are still trying to integrate Dive Lessons again – stay tuned!
There are 4 sessions of swim lessons offered during the summer. Each session runs for 2 weeks with lessons being held MONDAY – FRIDAY. You may only sign your child up for one session. If there is room four days prior to the start of the session, I will open it up.
Due to the demand for swim lessons and the scheduling challenges caused by “no-shows”, HHSC has a $25 fee that will be charged for any child who misses 3 or more lessons during a 3-week session.
Classes will be offered on a first come-first serve basis. No more than 12 children will be placed into classes for maximum safety and one-on-one contact with instructors! It is important to register as soon as possible, and make sure you list your alternate choices of sessions and times.
For the health and safety of your child please remember:
- Your child must take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- Your child must NOT enter the pool until instructed by his or her instructor.
- If your child is not yet potty trained, state health code requires that he or she wear a swim diaper.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do I go when I have a question regarding Swim Lessons? Whenever you have a question or concern regarding swim lessons please contact the swim lessons coordinator. They are available before or after lessons. You can also leave messages at the front desk.
- Do I need to worry about bad weather? Since our swim lessons are held in an outdoor pool there are days when the weather becomes a problem. If it is raining so that the bottom of the pool cannot be seen, or thunder or lightening is spotted lessons will be cancelled. Please call up to the pool and verify if lessons are cancelled.
- My Child may have to miss a class. Can we make it up? Unfortunately, make-up classes are not possible. Please try and make sure that your child is at class every day. The demand for our lessons is high, so if your child is taking a spot it is important that they attend as much as possible. If your child misses 3 or more classes you will be penalized $25. This ensures that those that sign up are serious about lessons and will do their best to attend.
- Does my child receive anything for completing a class? Yes. Your child will receive a certificate at the end of the session. This certificate will allow you and your child to know what skills your child learned and completed successfully and whether or not they have passed the class. If your child did not complete all skills then the ones that need to be improved on will be noted. Each child will be advised as to what level to sign up for for the following summer.