Swim Lessons coordinator is Andrea Merritt – email@example.com. Lauren Wegener and Noah Zielinski, Assistant Coaches for HHSC Swim Team, will be assisting. You can read about therm here – Coaches’ Corner.
Dive Lessons will be offered for the first time this summer.
There are 3 sessions of swim lessons offered during the summer. Each session runs for 2 weeks with lessons being held Monday through Friday. Each child is guaranteed enrollment in at least 1 session (but only 1 time period). As room allows, we will attempt to fill additional session requests according to your alternate session selection.
Due to the demand for swim lessons and the scheduling challenges caused by “no-shows”, HHSC is implementing a $25 fee that will be charged for any child who misses 4 or more lessons during a 2-week session.
Classes will be offered on a first come-first serve basis. No more than 8 children will be placed into classes for maximum safety and one-on-one contact with instructors! It is important to register as soon as possible, and make sure you list your alternate choices of sessions and times. As spots fill up an attempt will be made to place everyone in a class and to have siblings in lessons at similar times. If there is a problem you will be contacted via phone and we will try and work something out.
For the health and safety of your child please remember:
- Your child must take a soap shower before entering the pool.
- Your child must NOT enter the pool until instructed by his or her instructor.
- If your child is not yet potty trained, state health code requires that he or she wear a swim diaper.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where do I go when I have a question regarding Swim Lessons? Whenever you have a question or concern regarding swim lessons please contact the swim lessons coordinator. They are available before or after lessons. You can also leave messages at the front desk.
- Do I need to worry about bad weather? Since our swim lessons are held in an outdoor pool there are days when the weather becomes a problem. If it is raining so that the bottom of the pool cannot be seen, or thunder or lightening is spotted lessons will be cancelled. Please call up to the pool and verify if lessons are cancelled.
- My Child may have to miss a class. Can we make it up? Unfortunately, make-up classes are not possible. Please try and make sure that your child is at class every day. The demand for our lessons is high, so if your child is taking a spot it is important that they attend as much as possible. If your child misses 4 or more classes you will be penalized $25. This ensures that those that sign up are serious about lessons and will do their best to attend.
- Does my child receive anything for completing a class? Yes. Your child will receive a certificate at the end of the session. This certificate will allow you and your child to know what skills your child learned and completed successfully and whether or not they have passed the class. If your child did not complete all skills then the ones that need to be improved on will be noted. Each child will be advised as to what level to sign up for for the following summer.